HI EMELIE! TELL ME, WHO ARE YOU?
– Hello! I am a vagabond (can you even say that anymore?). I have lived in six countries, hence the description! I am the mother of two little daughters and am expecting my third after the summer. I am an artist, yoga instructor and designer. Interests? Painting, yoga, traveling, surfing, reading, hanging out a lot with my friends and family.
HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR PHILOSOPHY TOWARDS LIFE?
– Be quick to laugh and do not take life so seriously (glass half full), have compassion for other people, feel gratitude for the little things and dare to do what everyone else may object to but your heart wants.
TELL US ABOUT YOUR FAMILY’S SENSE OF STYLE?
– We love music, art, traveling and surfing. All that is, of course, visible and reflected in our style. It is personal with a lot of vintage and second-hand in both clothes and décor. We freely mix different colors and simply combine the things we love, so not so much planning there. We just use the things we like!
YOU ARE EXPECTING A LITTLE GIRL. CONGRATULATIONS! WHAT DO YOU PACK IN THE MATERNITY WARD BAG?
– Many thanks! I pack a lot of things so bare with me.
Homemade meals for me from my postpartum bible “The First Forty Days”. When I followed it after baby number two, I felt absolutely fantastic. The meals consist of at least two liters of chicken bone marrow broth, long-cooked stews consisting of organic potatoes, vegetables and chicken. Gluten-free porridge with goji berries, pumpkin seeds, turmeric, cardamom, chia seeds and walnuts. Raw Pink Coconut Water.
Burt’s Bee lip balm and face mist from C/O Gerd. Toothbrush and toothpaste from Humble & Co. Muslin blankets from Liewood for a comfy belly wrap. It is the best immediately after delivery. Eye mask in silk and earplugs. Long, oversized sweater, maternity leggings and oversized shirt. Car seat, Cloud Z, from Cybex. Breast pads in eco-cotton from ImseVimse & breastfeeding bra from Boob Design. Hairbrush Mason Pearson, dry shampoo from Gröna Gredelina. Micellar water, face cream, hand cream preferably from Aurelia Probiotic Skincare and Origins C vitamin eye cream, Eko Deo, Wild By Nature. Babynest Liewood. An oat milk for Mother Tea from Weleda. Run a double dip in each cup for breakfast and after dinner.
My camera and slippers.
AND IN THE CHANGING BAG?
– Eco diapers from Naty, water wipes from NatraCare Maternity. SoKind Nappy Balm. MAM’s new Supreme pacifiers in silicone. Liewood’s muslin felt. Water bottle in glass. Two swaps (bodies) for the baby. Nursing mat, Wilma, from Liewood.
WHICH CHILDREN’S BRANDS DO YOU LIKE?
– Stella McCartney Kids has super cool, colorful clothes that boost joy, confidence and imagination. Swedish Mini Rodini – I have not found clothes with better quality that lasted as long as MR. A t-shirt that my six year-old wore when she was three has been passed on to my current three year-old and you can not see a bit of balling up or washing out in the fabric. Unbelievable. Plus the fantastic themes in the collections.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO SHOP SUSTAINABLY FOR CHILDREN?
– Yes, buy a garment that you really like and care for, instead of buying lots that you might discard quickly. If a garment is too cheap, it is cheap because it is absolutely not durable. It’s the easy way to look at it. Since I’m expecting a third girl, all the stuff is inherited, which is wonderful. I have been an eco-junkie on all levels for many, many years, so I always try to buy eco for them as best I can. Better and always fewer garments, fewer things. The same goes for interior design. Eco or materials that can be recycled and manufactured neatly. Second hand or vintage as well, of course!
HOW WILL YOU SPEND THE SUMMER AND WHICH GARMENTS DO YOU INVEST IN FOR YOUR CHILDREN THIS SUMMER?
– The Swedish archipelago and Mallorca! I always invest in Kavat sandals for the girls every summer. Ergonomic, sweet and superb quality. I’m a shoe nerd with the kids. They must have good shoes when they grow and develop.
YOU WILL MOVE HOME TO STOCKHOLM! HOW DO YOU WANT TO DECORATE THE CHILDREN’S ROOMS?
– The fewer things they have, the better they play. Soft cozy materials, good light sources, lots of books and a good reading corner and drawing table. We will have a bed from Oliver Furniture for Anais with space underneath to cozy up. It will soon be built with a bed for Aymeline when the baby needs its own. We have not yet had time to plan Aymeline’s room. However, we will paint both girls’ rooms with a soft peach tone from Beckers. Children need peace and order around them so they can have free imagination!
A DAY ON THE BEACH, WHICH 5 THINGS DO YOU PACK IN YOUR BAG?
1. Organic sunscreen from Rudolph Care.
2. A book (I say that my glass is half full) even if I do not have time to read a single page, it is always with me! Right now I’m reading Elin Cullhed’s “Euphoria”
3. Beach towels from Hotel Magique.
4. Beach umbrella from Konges Slojd. 50 UV, durable manufacturing and so nice.
5. Beach toys from Liewood (100% silicone) are both durable and eco-friendly. They are expensive but we take good care of them instead of cheap plastic things.
WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO RECOMMEND?
– The book “The First Forty Days” about the extremely sensitive time after childbirth. That book is so close to my heart! It contains traditional Chinese food recipes, advice and thoughts on everything for the time after the baby is born. Fantastic book. 10/10